A month passed by since we purchased our farm. I wanted to share the happenings in the farm.
- We began de-weeding along the fence. We did this to resolve boundary conflicts and to get to know our farm better.
- Next, we began white-washing the fence posts. This is nothing more than a cosmetic enhancement.
- Next, we cleaned up & white washed the water tank that feeds the entire farm.
- My wife and I began pruning the Mango trees. This is essential for increasing the yield.
- The bund throughout our farm was full of weeds. Also, one of our farm workers spotted a Cobra in the bund. So, we chose to de-weed the bund. You can chop and drop the weeds on the bund to prevent weeds from growing again.
- Three of the already harvested areas were ploughed thoroughly.
The update may not seem much but I had quite a learning organising man power, understanding the localities, and a lot more. I’m excited for the upcoming the monthly updates.